You are here
STUDENT WELLNESS ACTION TEAM
Better Health Within Sight!
Who we are...
A dedicated staff of student leaders committed to creating, planning, and facilitating recreational activities, events and educational experiences related to Health and Wellness for Baptist College of Health Sciences students. True ambassadors of the College who will highlight Health and Wellness activity, respond to related issues, and promote all of the positive attributes of Baptist College.
The mission of S.W.A.T. is to improve the health and wellness of Baptist College students. Our goal is to create awareness through education and enhance the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of those we serve by planning and facilitating recreational activity.
Job Description and Purpose...
Health Care Professionals work to promote the health & wellness of the patients in their care. Hectic work schedules and stressful working environments often cause medical professionals to neglect their own health. The same could also be true for students striving to have careers in health care. Reading assignments, clinical experiences, tests, projects, and jobs can lead to the same result with our students. S.W.A.T. hopes to change this, by providing sporting events, education, fitness programs, guest speakers, and other fun events that can relieve stress and promote health and wellness.
- Attendance at meetings and events
- Provide valuable ideas and input during meetings
- Respect for other members during meetings
- Assist with the set-up, facilitation, or take-down of S.W.A.T. sponsored events
- Committment to high team functioning
- Dedication to keep S.W.A.T. firmly established
- Assist other SGA sub-groups as needed
- Obtain and provide feedback from other students regarding S.W.A.T. sponsored activities
- Always strive to make the S.W.A.T. team and its events and activities better