You are here
Student Life at BCHS
Fun and Friendships Are Essential Parts of a BCHS Education
While the word “science” is part of our name, BCHS believes the best health care providers are more than good scientists. They’re good people.
Outstanding practitioners connect at a human level with patients and colleagues. They build trust by communicating carefully, listening compassionately, and meeting high ethical standards. They promote health not just in a physical sense, but also mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
That’s why BCHS invests so much effort in creating a rich, rewarding life outside the classroom. We want our students to get the broadest education possible—to become well-rounded people as well as skilled practitioners.
Learn About Yourself, Outside the Classroom
At BCHS, learning about yourself is just as important as mastering course material. You’ll be immersed in a community that offers opportunities to try new experiences and pursue different interests. You’ll discover:
- On-campus housing that’s safe, affordable, and friendly—a perfect place to make friends, hang out, or form study groups.
- Student organizations include honor societies, a student government association, college degree-focused organizations, and college ambassadors.
- A full-service fitness center that features a swimming pool, weight room, gymnasium, and racquetball court.
- Community service activities that support Memphis neighborhoods—and give BCHS students the chance to make a difference.
- Ministries and spiritual programs that unite students.
Having fun and building relationships is a big part of the BCHS experience. What you learn outside the classroom will make you a better student, a better scientist, and a better health care practitioner.