In addition to meeting Baptist College's Performance Standards, the following technical standards outline reasonable expectations required of the student in the Nuclear Medicine Technology program in the performance of common essential functions:
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population and the ability to be easily understood.
- Reading, writing, and documenting patient information is required.
- Analytical skills sufficient to process information, to transfer knowledge from one situation to another, and to prioritize tasks.
- Critical thinking ability sufficient for safe, clinical judgment.
- Auditory abilities sufficient to monitor and assess patient needs; to detect and respond to alarms, emergency signals, and calls for help.
- Visual ability sufficient for observation and assessment necessary for the care of patients,processing of medical images, and operation of imaging and medical equipment.
- Tactile ability sufficient to assess patients, perform procedures, and operate equipment.
- Physical ability, flexibility, strength and stamina sufficient to provide safe and effective care.
- Fine motor abilities sufficient to provide safe and effective care.
- Emotional and mental stability sufficient to establish therapeutic boundaries, to perform multiple tasks concurrently and to react calmly and effectively in a stressful environment.
1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis, TN 38104