College Performance Standards
For admission and progression, an applicant to Baptist College of Health Sciences must exhibit professional behavior and have the abilities and skills according to the standards listed below.
- The student must possess the ability to communicate with patients, families, and other health care providers.
- The student must possess problem-solving abilities sufficient for clinical judgment.
- The student must possess the dexterity, range of motion, and eye/hand coordination sufficient to perform procedures and manipulate equipment, including intervention in an emergency situation.
- The student must possess the auditory and visual ability sufficient for assessment of health care status, responding to patient needs, and for providing safe and effective care.
- The student must possess tactile (touch) ability sufficient for assessment for health care status, and for providing safe and effective care.
- The student must possess emotional health sufficient to provide safe and effective care.
- The student must be able to meet the physical demands of client care, including, but not limited to, the ability to lift, position, and transport clients and the ability to lift, move, and position heavy equipment.
In addition to meeting these Performance Standards, students must also meet the technical standards specific to the major as stated in this catalog under each major.
1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis, TN 38104