You are here
SGA Donates to Baptist Operation Outreach Mobile Van for the Homeless
On February 15, the SGA presented a $1,000 check to Baptist Operation Outreach (BOO) Homeless Health Care Mobile Van.
The Baptist Operation Outreach van is a mobile health care unit. Formerly operating as the HOPE Health Center, BOO van provides acute and primary care, information on disease prevention and guidance to Memphians without permanent housing. All services are free and are provided with respect and confidentiality. Operation Outreach patients have direct and immediate access to medical examinations, health information, illness prevention, medications and referral services. A certified nurse practitioner delivers the following services:
• Screenings for common health problems
• Health and developmental assessments for children
• Immunizations and other preventive care
• Diagnosis of medical problems and health needs
• Treatment and management of specific disease problems
• Treatment of minor injuries
Pictured L to R: Jennifer Mickens, social worker at the BOO van; Ann Marie Wallace, coordinator for Baptist Community Outreach; Lauren Logan, SGA VP; and current student Sandra Grissom.