You are here
- A selection committee for the MLS program will review all completed applications in December and April each year.
- It should be noted that not all applicants who meet minimum selection criteria will be invited for a personal interview.
- Applicants with a strong academic background and currently enrolled in BCHS, or completing pre-program courses at institutions with collaborative or articulation agreements, will be considered first for interviews.
Selection to the MLS program is based on the following:
- Academic potential for success from the academic record.
- Academic strength in previous college coursework, with specific attention given to performance in the pre-program courses.
- Past failures affecting cumulative college GPA and pre-program courses may impact selection into the program. Each file will be considered individually.
- Personal interview.
- Applicants will be required to complete a personal interview as part of the selection process.
- Students will be evaluated on knowledge and motivation for a career in Medical Laboratory Science, as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
Notification of Selection:
Applicants will be notified in writing of selection to the MLS program.