You are here
The Library is an important part of the Center for Academic Excellence at the Baptist College of Health Sciences (Baptist College).
Located on the first floor of the main campus of the college in Memphis, the Library provides services and resources to support the information and education needs of the faculty and students of the Baptist College. Whichever subject you are studying, we have the resources you need to research and complete assignments for your courses.
7:30 a.m.–10:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
(Hours may change during holidays and between trimesters.)
- CINAHL with Full Text Tutorial (5 min)
- Medline with Full Text Tutorial (4 min)
- CINAHL and Medline (Mesh) Subject Headings Tutorial (6 min)
- EBSCOHost Advanced Search Tutorial (3min)
- PowerSearch (Academic OneFile, General OneFile and all InfoTrac Collections):
- Advanced Search
- Subject Guide Search
Quick Links: for access to a variety of online resources/databases to help with your research. Many of these contain full text articles in addition to references to articles.
- LIBRARY CATALOG
- EBSCO DATABASES
- A To Z (Locates Fulltext)
- OVID JOURNALS and EBOOKS
- SCIENCE DIRECT
- COCHRANE LIBRARY (EBSCO)
- ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNIA
- Eric (Education)
Health Statistics on the Web:
(A Selected List of Health Data Tools and Statistics)
- Health Statistics Portals/Gateways
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce (phPartners.org)
- Health Data Tools and Statistics
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) FastStats
National Data Sets and Statistics
CDC Data and Statistics:
- BRFSS - Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- CDC WONDER (Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research)
- NHANES - National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
- WISQARS – Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
State and Local Data Sets and Statistics:
- State Health Facts Online (Kaiser Family Foundation)
- CDC SNAPS – Snap Shots of State Population Data
- CHSI – Community Health Status Indicators
- America’s Health Rankings (United Health Foundation)
- County Health Rankings (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
- World Health Organization – Statistical Information System (WHOSIS)
- Global Health Facts.org
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
If you need help with online database instruction for class assignments, feel free to contact or e-mail one of our librarians.
Richard Owen 901-572-2676 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Memphis Public Library requires a fee for out of town users' Library Card, the college will reimburse students for this fee on proof of payment.
Baptist Memorial Hospital Memphis:
The Bronstein Library of Baptist Memorial Hospital Memphis is available for use by faculty and students. Located at 6025 Walnut Grove, the Bronstein Library is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed for lunch 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.) Monday through Friday. The main number is 901-226-5569 and the library secretary can be reached at 901-226-5569.