You are here
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Selection Process
A selection committee for the diagnostic medical sonography (DMS) professional program will evaluate all completed applications. Applicants meeting the following criteria will receive priority consideration for interviews:
- Current enrollees at Baptist College of Health Sciences (Baptist College)
- Applicants with a strong academic background
- Applicants completing pre-program courses at institutions with collaborative or articulation agreements
Because selection is competitive, applicants meeting minimum selection criteria are not guaranteed an interview.
Selection to the DMS program is based on the following:
- Academic potential for success from the academic record.
- Academic strength in previous college course work, with specific attention given to performance in the pre-program courses.
- Past failures affecting cumulative college GPA and pre-program courses may impact selection into the program. Each file will be considered individually.
- Preference may be given to qualified applicants completing courses at Baptist College.
Written essay and personal interview:
- Applicants will be required to complete a written essay and personal interview as part of the selection process.
- The written essay will be completed on the campus of Baptist College prior to the personal interview.
- Students will be evaluated on personal strengths and knowledge of diagnostic medical sonography.
Applicants will be notified in writing of selection to the program.