You are here
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Selection Process
A selection committee for the diagnostic medical sonography (DMS) program will review and evaluate all completed applications in June and October each year:
- It should be noted that not all applicants who meet minimum selection criteria will be invited for a personal interview.
- Applicants with a strong academic background and currently enrolled in Baptist College or completing pre-program courses at institutions with collaborative or articulation agreements will be given priority for interviews.
Selection to the DMS program is based on the following:
- Academic potential for success from the academic record.
- Academic strength in previous college course work, with specific attention given to performance in the pre-program courses.
- Past failures affecting cumulative college GPA and pre-program courses may impact selection into the program. Each file will be considered individually.
- Preference may be given to qualified applicants completing courses at Baptist College.
Written essay and personal interview:
- Applicants will be required to complete a written essay and personal interview as part of the selection process.
- The written essay will be completed on the campus of Baptist College prior to the personal interview.
- Students will be evaluated on personal strengths and knowledge of diagnostic medical sonography.
Applicants will be notified in writing of selection to the program.