You are here
Message from Dr. Kendricks Hooker, Chair of Biomedical Sciences
Welcome to the Biomedical Sciences Program website. The Biomedical Sciences major at Baptist College of Health Sciences combines dynamic human health science courses with quality general education. Baptist College students have opportunities to be involved in organizations that develop leadership skills. Opportunities to develop health care research projects enhance the strong science-based curriculum which prepares students for graduate school. Please feel free to call me at (901) 572-2562, or send an email (kendricks [dot] hooker [at] bchs [dot] edu) if you have any questions regarding the Biomedical Sciences program. We're glad you're here!
A Biomedical Sciences major will have a unique advantage to complete courses that often are limited to graduate students; courses such as histology, immunology, epidemiology, and infectious diseases. Providing these courses at the undergraduate level gives our Biomedical Sciences graduates a competitive edge for admission to graduate and professional programs.
Advantages of the Biomedical Sciences Program
- Gives graduates a competitive edge for acceptance to graduate school
- Individual curriculum planning based upon your long-term goals
- Utilization of newly designed, advanced laboratories
- Prepares students for postgraduate education in medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, pharmacy, optometry, physician assistant and other health-related fields
- Offers opportunities for research and internships
- Three-year track for students who wish to pursue early admission to graduate school
- Exposure to skill sets that are necessary in a competitive, ever changing job market
- Graduate/professional placement
- Faith-based atmosphere
Learn More About: