You are here
Applying to the Medical Radiography Program
Applying to the Program
To be considered for selection to the medical radiography (RAD) program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all Baptist College of Health Sciences (Baptist College) admission requirements and be accepted to the college. Admission to Baptist College does not guarantee selection to the RAD program.
- Complete at least 24 credit hours of pre-program coursework with a C or better, as specified by the RAD program. Courses marked with an asterisk in the degree requirements must be completed in the required 24 credit hours. Select the following link to view course listing: Degree Requirements.
- Applicants should earn a B or better in all pre-program courses, to be competitive.
- Students will be required to complete all pre-program courses, specified by the RAD program, prior to enrollment into professional RAD courses.
- Earn a minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA (4.0 scale) which only includes grades earned in courses taken at Baptist College as well as grades earned in courses transferred to Baptist College.
- To be competitive in the selection process, applicants should maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Current Baptist College students must submit completed Intent to Apply to Allied Health Program and signed technical standards forms to their academic advisor. Transfer students should contact the admissions office regarding these forms. The forms are required to be submitted prior to the applicable published deadline.
Deadlines for Application to the Selection
All completed applications and supportive documentation must be received or postmarked by the published deadlines to be considered for selection to begin the RAD professional course work in the spring trimester of the following year. The deadline for early selection of a limited number of class seats is June 1st. The deadline for final selection to the program is October 1st (spring admits only).