You are here
Applying to the Program
To be considered for selection to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all Baptist College of Health Sciences (Baptist College) admission requirements. Admission to Baptist College does not guarantee selection to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program.
- Complete at least 24 credit hours of pre-program coursework with a “C” or better, as specified by the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program.
- Applicants should earn a “B” or better in all pre-program courses to be competitive.
- Students will be required to complete all pre-program courses, specified by the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, prior to enrollment in professional Diagnostic Medical Sonography courses.
- Courses marked with an “asterisk” in the degree requriements course listings must be completed in the required 24 credit hours. Select the following link to view course listing: Degree Requirements
- Achieve a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- To be competitive in the selection process, applicants should maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above. This includes all prior college work, as well as all courses at Baptist College.
- Current Baptist College students must submit completed Intent to Apply to Allied Health Program and signed Technical Standards forms to their academic advisor. Transfer students should contact the Admissions office regarding these forms. The forms are required to be submitted prior to the appropriate application deadline.
Deadlines for Application to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program:
All completed applications and supportive documentation must be received or postmarked by the published deadlines to be considered for selection to begin the Diagnostic Medical Sonography professional course work in the Spring Trimester of the following year. The deadline for early selection of a limited number of class seats in the program is June 1. The deadline for final selection to the program is October 1 (Spring admits only).