You are here
Applying to the Medical Laboratory Science Program
To be considered for selection to the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all Baptist College of Health Sciences (BCHS) admission requirements. Admission to BCHS does not guarantee selection to the MLS program
- Complete 68 credit hours of pre-program coursework with a “C” or better, as specified by the MLS program (courses marked with an “asterisk” in the degree requirements must be completed in the required 68 credit hours).
- Applicants should earn a “B” or better in all pre-program courses, to be competitive.
- Students will be required to complete all pre-program courses, specified by the MLS program, prior to enrollment into professional MLS courses.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- To be competitive in the selection process, applicants should maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above. This includes all prior college work, as well as all courses at BCHS.
- Submit completed application form to the MLS program and signed Essential Functions forms to BCHS. The forms are required to be submitted prior to the applicable application date (December 1 or April 1).
Deadlines for Application for Program Selection:
All completed applications and supportive documentation must be received or postmarked by the published deadlines to be considered for selection to begin the MLS professional course work in the Fall Trimester of the following year. The deadline for early selection of a limited number of class seats is December 1. The deadline for final selection to the program is April 1.