You are here
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE (MLS)
CONTACT LISSA MORGAN IN THE BCHS ADMISSIONS OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION AT (901) 572-2441 OR E-MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below to obtain tuition and transfer credit information.
The MLS program applicant must meet the following admissions requirements:
1. 68 hours of college credit earned from a regionally accredited college/university, including 32 hours of natural science and chemistry courses with labs;
2. Minimum overall grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale;
3. Interview required for admission into the MLS program.
4. All applicants whose native tongue is not English must submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 550 or above;
5. Meet all the College General Performance Standards;
6. Meet the MLS program Essential Functions requirements;
7. Applicants for admission to the Medical Technology must have completed the following courses with a grade of “C” or better and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7;
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC COURSES REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION INTO THE MLS PROGRAM: English I, English II, Speech/Communications, Literature, Mathematics, Microbiology with Lab, Immunology,General Chemistry I, General Chemistry II, Organic Chemistry I with Lab, 4 hours higher level chemistry with Lab. Students can select from the course inventory for the remaining credit hours required in general studies.
Courses Credit Hours
Humanities/Fine Arts 9
Art, Music or Theatre
Social/Behavioral Sciences 9
Introduction to Computers 3
Natural Sciences 16
General Biology I
General Biology II
Anatomy and Physiology I
Anatomy and Physiology II
Microbiology ** (L*)
General Chemistry I**
General Chemistry II **
Organic Chemistry I ** ( L*)
Organic Chemistry II (L*)
Quantitative Chemistry (L*)
Any Christian or comparative course
Total Hours 68
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the College. Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sex/gender, creed, color, national origin or ethnic origin in administration of its educational practices, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is an equal opportunity educational institution.