You are here
About Baptist College of Health Sciences
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere to prepare graduates for diverse health care environments.
Grounded in Christian principles and building on the legacy of education since 1912, Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is a private, specialized institution focusing on undergraduate education in the health sciences. The College seeks to attract a diverse student population who shares commitments to Christian values and ethics, academic excellence, and lifelong professional development.
In partnership with Baptist Memorial Health Care, Baptist College extends the learning environment beyond the classroom to include experiences found in real world health care settings throughout the Mid-South.
To fulfill its mission, Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is committed to:
- Educating individuals to value both competency and caring in their roles as members of the health care team.
- Developing students to become active and engaged learners.
- Creating a learning environment in which students are encouraged to develop intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- Providing a curriculum that reflects a strong general education foundation. Promoting and rewarding excellence in teaching, professional practice and scholarly activity.
- Contributing positively to the health status of the community.
Baptist College of Health Sciences will be a leading health sciences college distinguished by its graduates and their careers of service in health care.
- Service as an expression of Christian values
- Continuous improvement