You are here
About Baptist College of Health Sciences
PREPARING HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS FOR THE 21st CENTURY
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is a private, undergraduate health care college that operates in partnership with Baptist Memorial Health Care.
Grounded in Christian principles and building ona legacy of professional health care education dating back to 1912, BCHS is committed to:
- Educating individuals to become competent and caring members of the health care team.
- Creating a learning environment in which students are encouraged to develop intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- Providing a curriculum that reflects a strong general education foundation for health care professionals.
- Promoting and rewarding excellence in teaching and professional practice.
- Advancing knowledge and scholarly activity through evidence-based research.
- Contributing positively to the health status of the community.
BCHS seeks to attract diverse students who share commitment to spiritual values and ethics, academic excellence, and lifelong professional development. The curriculum reflects the importance of a strong general education foundation for the health care professional.
We provide quality education in a Christian atmosphere to prepare health care professionals for diverse practice environments.
Baptist College of Health Sciences will be a leader in providing health care education that integrates competency and compassion to prepare exemplary health care professionals for careers of service.
- Service as an expression of Christian values
- Continuous improvement